Tuesday, November 21, 2017

R.I.P. David Cassidy

If you grew up in the 70s--or were alive then--you surely recall the phenomenon that was the television show "The Partridge Family" and of course its star and teen heart throb David Cassidy who played Keith Partridge.

I had a huge crush on him when I was young, watching "The Partridge Family" every week--those eyes, that face, THAT HAIR! (Looking back now, I can see there is a sense about him that is comparable to Farrah Fawcett, another 70s obsession of mine--luxurious hair, a wide and dazzling smile...) My mom made me a large collage poster of photos of him cut from all the different teen magazines at the time like Tiger Beat. I loved that poster (thanks Mom!--coincidentally, today is the anniversary of her death in 2002).

His stardom eclipsed the show and he became a sold-out performer around the world. Although his fame was front loaded in the early part of his life, he never stopped singing or performing.

Cassidy died today of complications from dementia at the early age of 67. Rest in peace, beautiful David.




http://www.davidcassidy.com

No comments: